Tuesday, July 14, 2009

Proud to be a Malaysian

One fine day...
  1. A Malaysian lady who was chatting and laughing with a friend at Starbuck, suddenly asked me and friends a question. "Girls, what is our PM name?" asking with sound of giggling. I answered seriously, "Abdullah Ahmad Badawi. Why?" "HAHAHA. Ya lor. I forgot. See I told you, I dont know the PM's name!" She went back to her seat and continued laughing with her friend. Note: The incident happenned in 2006.
  2. A friend of mine, who was studying abroad less than 4 years, had forgotten how to sing Negaraku song. She can still feel proud of forgetting it and no sense of feeling guilty at all.
  3. A Malaysian boss to a big, well known US company, doesnt even know until last June that Najib has taken over the PM position in April. She still can laugh and made fun of it. Also, claimed that she is innocent since she was in Japan in March.

Is it funny to not to know who is your PM or to forget your own country song? Saya sangat tak faham dengan mereka. They claimed they are Malaysian though. For me, it is not just the nationality does matter but be proud of your country is equally important. Or at least just give a lil respect to the land that grows you to be a good person. Does it make sense?

I dont know why I should raise this issue, but for me my country is really matter. I am Malaysian and I mean it!

Please excuse this PMS lady to rest her issue and continue to work. Thank you.

No comments:

 

Template by Best Web Hosting