Tuesday, November 22, 2011

The toddler.

I used (read: most of the times)to freak out when my lil boy suddenly change his appetite since he's called a toddler. From an easy eater to a very fussy eater. It was so heart breaking to see my boy refuses to eat most of the time except for his favourite dish which is oats mixed with fruits. Breakfast: Oats. Lunch: Oats. Dinner: Oats. Though I know he was not hungry, but as a mother, I'm too worried whether he gets enough nutritions. Some said, the milk will provide the nutritions. But for me,nutritions from food is better.


But worry not, most toddlers will get into this phase; where playing seems more interesting than eating. Only after 4 months, I know how the pattern actually. Sometimes, he refuses to eat dinner/lunch, but he eats lots of finger foods. Where else, he may eat a lot during lunch/dinner till I worry that he could be too full and vomit. And most of the time, he would like to feed on his own like a big boy. I may be happy looking at him, enjoying the food but will get crazy right after that looking how messy it be.

All my friends that still unmarried or just expecting her first one, wonder why I just let my baby plays with the foods & not really eating it. Why do I let my baby not behave when dining in the restaurant? Well, a toddler has thousands of questions in his head. So I just want him to answer the questions by exploring everything that he wants. As a mother, I just need to watch him exploring and set the boundaries. Iyelah, takkanlah baby nak main air longkang, I will say 'tak apalah, dia nak explore. Kah Kah. For me, as long as it wont harm the baby, it would be fine. I believe that an active baby loves to explore. ;)

Talking about toddler, I sometimes might be upset too of the fussy eating, the messy that he made, the unexpected thing that he might do, etc, but looking how he grows well as one active, happy baby, that is priceless. I wont trade with anything like seriously.

Tips: Let the toddlers explore and mommies, have lots of patience. Haha.

That is my 2 cents on parenting from a young, inexperience mommy. Happy exploring baby and mommy! ;)

No comments:

 

Template by Best Web Hosting