Thursday, August 19, 2010

The Birth Story : Aidan Damian

People around us always told that giving birth is the scariest experience a woman would have. Towards the end of the pregnancy, I was always nervous and scared too. But then, after experiencing it first-handedly, though it is not as smooth as I thought, giving birth is not that scary. Well, the pain tu, memanglah sakit yang hanya tuhan saja yang tahu tapi it is still managable. Seriously! Let me tell you my 1st experience of giving birth though it may bore you. Haha.

I started to feel the mild contractions when all of us bukak puase at 7.30pm on Saturday. Since it was just a mild contractions and I always got the false alarm, I ignored the pain. Then, around 8pm, the contractions were a bit frequent, continued once every 10 mins. By then I already knew that the time has come. At 10.30pm, we went to the hospital and I was admitted. Contractions still there tapi menurut nurse, jalan masih belum buka. So, I hang in there between the false alarm and the true contractions. Saya mahu saja pulang ke rumah, tapi nurse tak bagi. Huhu. Hubby said, "Kalo false alarm awak, macamane? Memalukan. Haha" Ok. Saya pasrah.

3.30am, Sunday: Saya terjaga and the contractions started again. Tapi kalini lebih sakit berbanding malam tadi. Masa nak ke toilet, I saw blood stains already. So, it was confirmed not a false alarm. I cudnt sleep since then. I walked around the labour room to ease the pain. Menurut nurse, the contractions dah masuk 2nd stage dan sebab tu dah semakin sakit. Tapi, saya masih boleh bertahan. I didnt take any pain killer at that time and still can bergambar2 bersama hubby dan bergelak ketawa dan bertxting with all my gfs.

10.30am: Hubby wasnt at the labour room as he went to the room that I have booked untuk mandi and lepak with his brother for a while. And surprisingly, my gynae went in to check my condition. He wasnt happy with the baby position at that time. The contractions were at 2-3mins but the baby's head still wasn't engaged well. Jalan pun baru buka 3 cm. Biasanya, untuk contractions 2-3mins, jalan dah buka at least by 6cm. He was worried that the baby is too big that I couldnt manage to push him out normally. So the gynae cuba untuk pecahkan air ketuban. Dalam keadaan mamai and hubby wasnt there, the gynae did pecahkan air ketuban. Sangat sakit sampai saya menangis. Tuhan saja yang tahu. Then the gynae told me, in 4 hours, kalau jalan tak buka jugak, I need to go for c-sect.

Right after the gynae went out, I quickly called hubby. I was crying like a baby to ease my pain. Dan selepas air ketuban pecah, sakit contractions is about selang seminit dan hanya tuhan saja yang tahu betapa sakitnya. I was shivering untuk menahan sakit every time I felt the contractions. But then, I didnt ask for any drugs to ease the pain sampai nurse yang jaga saya kasihan dan suruh saya sedut gas. At first, saya menolak coz saya baca that laughing gas tak adalah berkesan sangat. Tapi since the nurse dh 3-4 kali pujuk saya suruh sedut, saya cubalah jugak 2-3 kali. Dan memang betul pun. Tak adalah berkesan. Makin pening adalah. So saya stop. Cuba bertahan sampai doctor datang at 2.30pm. Luckily, I have a very supportive hubby that always be my side that time. Sampai ngantuk2 dia tunggu kat tepi katil coz everytime saya rasa sakit saya akan genggam tangan dia kuat2 to ease the pain. And it works bebeh!

2.30pm: The gynae came in to check my condition again. Surprisingly, jalan baru buka 4 cm tapi saya dah rasa sangat lemah and shivering everytime saya rasa the contractions pain. The gynae advise to go for C-sect but he still gave me the option for normal delivery if I could wait for 5-6 hours lagi. MasyaAllah. I cried. I told hubby that I wont have the energy anymore if I wait for another 5-6 hours. Itu pun nasib, kalau jalan dah buka 10cm. Kalau tak, I have to wait again. So after several discussions, we agreed for the C-sect.

3.00pm: I was the in the OT. There are lots of nurses and doctors in there. I think about 10 if not mistaken. And I was given several drugs and I believed one of it is of course Epidural sebab nak bius half of the body saja. Everything was fast in the OT macam dalam citer ER pulak rasanya. Semua kelam kabut. I was relieved from the pain once I was given the Epidural. Then, I heard my gynae's voice. So hati sudah sangat berdebar memikirkan, bilalah die nak potong perut saya. And saya juga terbayang kalau2 the Epidural is not effective enough. But then, in 10 mins, the gynae told me, baby dah keluar and I heard his voice, crying continously. During that, the gynae siap terkejut sebab the baby is so big, about 8 pounds dia kata. Dan memang betul, after the weight scaling, the baby weigh is 3.83kg.

I was crying soundlessly after hearing his voice. Seriously, I felt so relieved. My baby is healthy and chubby. Saya sempat cium dia, before he went out from the OT. The gynae also told me, luckily I go for C-sect, sebab if I tried untuk normal delivery pun tak guna since the baby takkan boleh muat nak keluar. And he scared, shoulder bone baby boleh patah kalau tak muat. Fuhh. I was relieved then sampai saya terus tertidur time doctor sibuk jahit menjahit perut balik. Hihi. Punyalah penat sampai tidur tak sedar yang everything dah siap.

So, that was the end of the birth story. Sakit lepas kene bedah, macam biasalah. I cant bangun or even bersandar for almost a day. Nak mengiring tak boleh. So sangatlah berusaha time the 1st breastfeeding session. Hehe. And that's another story. ;)
Date of Birth: 15 August 2010
Time: 3.34pm
Gestational: 39 weeks and 3 days
Welcome to the world, Aidan Damian and to hubby, thank you so much for everything that you have given and done for me;) Mummy loves you both so much! Muahhhs..

7 comments:

the seasonal blogger said...

nangis bley? hehehe... ok best2. nnt leh jmpe AD raye nnt. tiap kali raye aku dtg umah ko. kalau jmpe aidan, jadi 3rd raya in a row lah. ahah

cikgu_aare said...

huhu..i'm crying ok!serious touching story mummy aidan ni.neway,congrats yuli!

~ said...

hehee nangis time raye aa waktu salam2;p dtglah weh raya ni. aku ada saje di rumah. berpantanglah katekan;p

~ said...

huhu ye ke a'a. tp sume cite besalin boleh wat kite nangis kot. baru paham pengorbanan ibu tu cmne;)

^^, said...

Aidan kate tahun ni dia nak raya kat KL, dia call aku tadi.


hehehe.

TAHNIAAAAHHHH~~ sejuta kali ckp pun rasa mcm tak ckup. selamat menjadi ibu mithali kepada anak yg soleh hehehe...

fizzzzzzz said...

aaaaaaaaaaa bestnye yulsssssss!!!
aku nk kol ko tapi mcm takut salah timing ke ape,takpe tggu seminggu lagi ko mst dah hebat.hehe.
cepat2 bawak aidan ke KL so that aku bole turun n teman aidann!!!
aku bace cite ko ni berkerut2 kening aku tahan sakit.pastu now dah rase lapar.haha.

~ said...

Esah: ko mimpi tu. tp dia ckp kat aku kalo dpt duit raya byk baru die nk raya kat kl;p
Amin utk doa ko;) teng lings

Fizz: Hehe skang aku dh rilek n sehat;) tp tgh adjust time tdo. si kecik montel ni suke jage malam. siang tido lena gile. saja nk buli aku huhu
sakit dowh. tp xdelah smpai takut nk pregnant lagi;)


neways, slamat pose both of you! rindu aa kat korg.

 

Template by Best Web Hosting