Saturday, November 27, 2010

Parenthood

I'm always inspired by mommy writings' talking about parenting. It's always fun to read their daily experiences in handling their kids or even just merely talking about the breastfeeding.

As a new mummy, parenting is not easy for me. I dont know this, I dont know that. Why my baby is still crying when he doesnt want milk anymore? I need guidances here and there. I read books, some baby-expert websites, and even blogs to master it. Nevertheless, most of the time, my instinct plays the big role here cause in the end, I know what's the best for my baby.

For example, some people think co-sleeping with baby is the best. But for me, I prefer to put my baby in his cot. In my defense, my bed is queen size only and I need an ample space for me to have a good night rest. In fact, me and hubby can have space together after a long tiring day juggling with works and a baby.

Breastfeed my baby is the most right thing that I do though I cant afford to exclusively breastfeed him during weekdays. He needs 16-18oz from 9am to 7pm a day. And I only manage to pump twice a day which equal 10-12oz for both pumping sessions. So per day, he will have 12oz of my EBM while the rest are formula. Tak mampu aa nak pump 3 kali sehari. Mahu kerja semua terbengkalai. Huhu. Nak pump time malam tak dapatlah. Sebelum tidur, Aidan memang bantai habis-habisan sampai bila saya nk pump, susu sangat sikit. 1oz pon tak sampai. Haih. But Alhamdulillah, now during weekends or the day that I'm not working, I manage to exclusively breastfeed him already. And yet, I'm still reading and trying on how to increase the milk supply.

When people say, "Tak bagi baby minum air ke?" or "Patut bagi baby makan umur 4 bulan" or "Membazir beli stroller/car seat cause baby sure nangis bila letak dalam tu", I just listen but that doesnt mean I agree. I breastfeed my baby and 70% of mommy's milk contains water so worry not, no dehydration issue here. My baby is just fine when we put him in the stroller or car seat since newborn and now he even enjoys it.

Am I rambling here? What I'm trying to say is just follow your heart. As long as it comes with an unconditional lots of love, whatever you decide and do will sure is the best for your baby.

No comments:

 

Template by Best Web Hosting